At the IFAT from May 14 to 18th in Munich Continental Industrie has introduced its new range of turbo blowers.
In case you haven't been able to visit us in Munich, than you are more than welcome to meet us at the Continental booth (hall 9.0, F47) from June 11 - 15th at the ACHEMA in Frankfurt.
Read more about the new Continental turbo blowers: Continental Turbo leaflet.pdf
Learn more about Continental Industrie turbo blowers.
Continental Industrie introduces the new GB100 biogas boosters.
These centrifugal single-stage machines provide a low to medium gas pressure for relatively large gas volumes.
Low-cost, high quality.
Impeller and housing interior also available with durable acid-resistant coating.
In addition to our current Certifications:
- ISO 9001: Quality Management System Certificate
- TÜV IT 15 ATEX 055 X: EC-Type Examination Certificate
- TÜV IT 15 ATEX 062 Q: Production Quality Assurance Notification,
MIX is proud to announce that after a process of
- reorganisation / staff training,
- redevelopment / modernisation of production lines,
- refurbishment of the areas dedicated to Research / Development / Laboratory Tests,
it has obtained two new Certifications:
ISO 14001: 2004 Environmental management system.
BS OHSAS 18001: 2007 Occupational health and safety in the workplace.
By obtaining new Certifications, MIX is a leader among companies in the sector with regard to quality.
For a manufacturer of cleaning vehicles Airtechnic Solutions has designed a multi-cyclone unit for suctioning, transporting and unloading of dry, wet and hazardous substances, such as various types of catalyst, (roof) gravel, powders, fly ash and sludge.
MIX s.r.l. has newly designed a complete series of compact filters, named SKY Filter®, with a round housing design (stainless steel AISI 304) and a larger filtering surface, the easy opening design of the cover helps the access to the filtering units and to the pulse jet cleaning system.
- Robust design, suitables for hard work.
- Absence of electric parts inside the filter, without solenoids on the impulse valves.
-The majority of the parts of the filter manufacturing are made in metal, with very few plastic parts, resulting in for a long filter life time.
- Also in ATEX version.
Wednesday October 4th and Thursday 5th 2017 we were exhibiting at Solids 2017, the trade show for processing, handling, storage and transport of powder and bulk products.
At Aqua Nederland trade fair 2017 you will find the latest innovations and products in the field of water treatment, management and technology .
Our Airtechnic team is looking forward to meeting you from March 21 - 23 in Evenementenhal Gorinchem.
Airtechnic Solutions will exhibit at Aqua Nederland, March 15 -17.
Thé inspiration source for the entire water sector. The latest innovations and products for water treatment, water management and water technology.
Well begun is half done
Cyclones come in many shapes and sizes, each cyclone has been developed for a very specific purpose. If you are looking for a cyclone, you would like to have a clear understanding of what you can expect from a cyclone, in advance. This way you can make the right choices. Our experience is that this depends to a great extent on the conditions of use and the wishes you have. Read the complete article by clicking this link: Cyclones.pdf
Continental Industrie, a manufacturer of air handling equipment from Lyon, France, recently launched its first turbo compressor series. The manufacturer of multistage blowers and exhausters, which has been operating worldwide for more than 40 years, is thus setting an impulse for pressurized aeration in municipal facilities that rely on energy-efficient technologies. Read the full article: New impulse in wastewater aeration.pdf
How the treatment system works
The strength of sewage and its ability to pollute water is described by two basic conditions:
- B.O.D. (Biological Oxygen Demand)
- Suspended solids in mg/liter
As an example, when a body of water, like a river is heavily overloaded with sewage which is trying to oxideize or decay, the action of sewage demands oxygen to proceed. This B.O.D. is supplied by D.O (dissolved oxygen) in the water. Therefore, if the B.O.D. exceeds the D.O. then there is no oxygen left for the river life. All sewage treatment is aimed at satisfying oxygen demand and reducing suspended solids.
The primary step in this process is accomplished by allowing the sewage to settle in a large tank. While the effluent from the settling tank contains less suspended solids and it is cleaner, nothing has been done to satisfy the B.O.D. in this simple settling tank. Let us approach the controlled decomposition of sewage with a process, such that the D.O. (disolved oxygen) present in the water-sewage mixture will always satisfy the Biological Oxygen Demand. By definition this is essentially an aerobic process (micro-organisms depend upon Oxygen for survival).
All living things are dependen upon Oxygen for respiration. Gaseous Oxygen furnishes their normal needs. Terrestrial oranisms utilize the Oxygen of the atmosphere and aquatic ornganisms depend on Oxygen dissolved in water. The atmosphere contains 21% Oxygen by volume, while water holds only 0,8% in solution at normal temperature of 50ºF. The aquatic environment is then inherently more sensitive to the Oxygen Demand of the ornganisms that populate it.
The food materials contained in sewage encourage the growth of living organisms. Their repiratory activity then diminishes the D.O. in the sewage, unless this Oxygen supply is replenished by natural or artificial means. The most common method of waste water treatment today is the Activated Sludge System which requires Oxygen to maintain the aerobic process.
A floc develops when the sewage is aerated in the aeration tank or tanks. Kept in suspension by aeration, this floc has a very high purifying capacity. The accumulation of the floc in the aeration tank is helped by returning previously formed floc to the tank influent. This method is one type of activade sludge system.
Following aeration, the activated sludge is permitted to settle in the secondary settling tank. Sludge prodeced in excess of the amount required for return to the primary settling tank is disposed of as a wate or processed for fertilizer. The effluent itself is further disinfected prior to disposal in order to destroy disease producing ornganisms. The most common disinfectant is Chlorine.
In this process it is very important that the correct amount of air is maintained to provide proper aeration. If the air supply is not maintained at a rate such that de D.O balances the B.O.D, the organisms then perish due to lack of Oxygen, and the process becomes septic because the sludge is no longer activated. Therefore to balance the B.O.D. and the D.O. the ideal wastewater treatment blower should be of varying air volume and selected to overcome the total of pressure losses as indicated below, or changes to the blower inlet conditions:
1. Filter, inlet piping and valves
2. The piping and valves from the blower discharge flange to the actual air diffuser openings.
3. The pressure drop across air diffuser openings - minimum when clean and increases as the opening become encrusted with deposits.
4. The static pressure due to sewage head (representing 85% of the total loss).
5. Changes in inlet conditions to the blower.
The loss factors 4 and 5 are of paramount importance to the sewage treatment system designer. This means that he requires a blower performance curve that has a rising characteristic in pressure to compensate for variations in sewage head or air diffuser resistance.
Advantages of Multistage Centrifugal Blowers in Wastewater Treatment
1. Multistage Centrifugal Blowers offer total flexibility in their operaing range since they can be throttled on either inlet or outlet to reduce air volume while maintaining a stable pressure curve. Reduction of air volume reduces the power consumption proportionally while no such saving can be reached with positive displacement blowers.
2. Multistage Centrifugal Blower's simple drive arrangement allows operation via direct coupling, V-belt or gear increaser.
3. No elaborate inlet silencer is needed as blowers are quiet.
4. No discharge silencer is needed as the process piping can be connected via rubber sleeve or expansion joint to the blower outlet flange to further reduce noise.
5. No emergency pressure relief valve is ever needed since the curve does not permit it to reach excessive or destructive pressure.
6. No elaborated vent valves (bleeding to atmosphere) are needed to control the volume. The Multistage Centrifugal Blower can be throttled on either inlet or outlet to adjust the volume and save HP.
7. No high temperature safeguards are required since the design pressure ratio of Centrifugal Blowers cannot produce excessive or unsafe temperatures.
8. No elabore pressure lubrication system is required since Multistage Centrifugal Blowers are equipped with recirculating oil-lubricated anti-friction bearings.
9. Since there is a ample space between the impeller circumference and the housing, there are no wearing parts, against the tight contact between the lobes and the housing of P.D. Blowers.
Tue, 04 April